Join us on September 27th, 2022 in Madaba to celebrate World Tourism Day, World Cleanup Day and Madaba Arab Tourism Capital
"Rethinking Tourism” is the theme for World Tourism Day 2022. So, this year leaders will meet to highlight and discuss the shift towards tourism being recognized as a crucial pillar of development.
We want to rethink tourism in Jordan by linking it to our wellbeing and that of our visitors, through a cleaner environment, cleaner forests, cleaner roads and encourage more sustainable practices.
So, for companies wishing to join us on the 27th, we recommend making the best out of your experience – Do good! Support the local community! Get to know your country and HAVE FUN like a tourist!
How can you join?
- Chat with your team about the meaning of this activity and how it can make you a better business
- Choose one of the 4 locations we selected for you in the 4 Madaba municipalities and let us know your preference (Tal Theeban, Mkawer, Al- Faysalieh Forest, road to Mt. Nebo)
- Get your own gear – equip your team with gloves, garbage bags, hats, and bring water in your own reusable bottles… and make sure not to leave any plastic behind 😉
- Plan to be in Madaba between 9 and 10 at most. It’s just a 30-minute drive from Amman – carpool or rent a bus for less impact on the environment
- Make time to visit Madaba Recycling facility and learn more about the amazing services they offer
- Afterwards explore Madaba city center on foot by following the “Heritage Trail” pavement line starting at the Madaba Visitors center passing through Madaba’s archaeological highlights
- Support the local tourism industry by having a hearty meal in town and buying some souvenirs.
To get pdf file please click here