The Human Capital Development Program (HCDP), established under Jordan Inbound Tour Operators Association (JITOA) builds on its vision and mission to develop tourism sector in Jordan sustainably. The program focuses on bridging the skills gap in tourism industry by empowering human resources with cutting edge knowledge, innovations ethics and international experiences, to enable them to:
1. Provide quality services and, innovative tourism products.
2. Create job opportunities and, compete for employment.
3. Enhance business performance and productivity.
4. Develop responsible and inclusive polices at destination level.
5. Lead projects in line with UNWTO Global Ethics in Tourism and, contribute to the realization of the UN SDGs agenda for year 2030.
Defining the Human Capital:
According to the OECD the human capital is defined as; “the knowledge, skills, competencies and other attributes embodied in individuals or groups of individuals acquired during their life and used to produce goods, services or ideas in market circumstances”(OECD, 2019).
Human capital has economic value for employers as it is perceived to improve productivity and profitability of businesses and the economy as a whole. Meanwhile the HCDP belief that ethics are at the heart of sustainable development and human capital is a driving force to achieve growth and prosperity in societies. Hence, the HCDP provides distinguished services by investing in current employees and preparing future professionals with education, training, talent, tourism ethics and global shared values skills to ensure responsibility, productivity and profitably in tourism sector of Jordan.